Pageviews last month

Friday, October 29, 2010

Latest Moutain Art Quilter's Challenge

The challenge theme was "Anything but Cotton" and it was so much fun.  Ardy's piece was made from her husbands garage scraps!  Mine is made of felted wool, hand made paper (I purchased this), temtex painted and foiled, window screen material made into background and beads, more beads and ribbon.  Just about everything but the kitchen sink.  I wish I had been able to record all the decisions made in this piece because it just took on a life of it's own.  The mistake of making the background too large turned into a better composition, the mistake of not enough paint on the window screen turned into just the right amount when folded and rolled.  Every time there was a problem, I had more fun fixing it and going in a different direction.  Hope you like it.

I enjoy working with the small pieces and adding embellishments but the whole whole piece does not get very large.  Most of the competitions want larger pieces.  So there is something for me to think about.  If you have an opinion, please use the comment option at the bottom of this blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment