Pageviews last month

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Leaves of Costa Rica

Leaves of Costa Rica
Detail

You might think you remember Leaves from before, but look again.  The first piece had holes in the design and balance and background seemed too big.  At least it looked that way to me.... kept feeling something was just not right.  So I cropped the left edge, added three new leaves with more embellishments, and nudged a few leaves in new directions.  I also now call it Leaves of Costa Rica.  Their forests are dense and I did wonder what was hidden behind.
Hope you like it and don't forget to comment. 

Side comment.  The other day someone asked how long it took me to make my wall art.  Well, I had to ponder that one.  I figured that he was trying to judge if my work was worth the prices I was asking.  The answer was that if a piece goes together quickly - the design just flows and ideas come easily - that would take less time.  But them I pointed out that the quick flow was often what made that art piece the most successful.   Beautiful art is art no matter if it takes a day or twenty.  If I struggle, the piece often feels not just right and I can work it to death or just set it aside and hope that everything makes sense later.  I'm sure this is true in any area- cooking, golf swings, gardening, or being a friend.  If it flows it works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment