Pageviews last month

Thursday, September 16, 2010

I'm In!


Well I got the news that PIQF has accepted my coat for judging at the upcoming Pacific International Quilt Festival in October.  I also have a piece in the Mountain Art Quilters (MAQ) Special Exhibit.  Now you friends that remember me back when.... and remember how we would go to this show and just be overwhelmed with the size and beauty.. will appreciate just what this means to me.  Never would I have believed this would happen.  It makes me want to jump for joy!
I get to share this excitement with Vicky A, Susan M, and Pat P that also have work in the show.
Hope you can see it . 

You might want to look at the SAQA web site and at their Benefit Auction starting Sept 20.  Each year the artists (really great and big names) donate a 12 x 12" block.  Auction is organized first by the professional artists and then in groups of lesser known artists and then they get to my group.  Go see the site if for no other reason than to enjoy the wonderful work. 

I find it amazing and inspiring that so much art can be created.  For those of you who say you are not artistic... you need to understand that fiber and paint are not the only mediums for artistic expression.  You look around you right now at how you have decorated your space, the food you cook, the gardens you tend or just the way you decide on your clothes.  Every day and in every way, you are using your creativity.  We are all "artsy fartsy"!

No comments:

Post a Comment