Pageviews last month

Monday, August 3, 2015

Exploring New Looks with Success

Hard & Soft
Here is what I have been exploring, and it won 2nd Place at the Placer Art League show at the General Gomez Gallery in Auburn.  
The outside is made of bisque/fire clay and painted.  The center is my favorite fabric with beads, trapunto, and fibers.  
My first love was clay.  If you are old enough, you will remember how Sac State College (now universety  had a display at the State Fair.  Every year I would watch students working on the pottery wheel.  It was like magic!  Back in the 70/80's I took lessons from Bill Jackson.  But soon I got tired of round pots and then got distracted by work.  Now I have a little room to play with clay and paint.  Lucky me!
So know you know why I haven't been posting much - I was recharging my batteries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment