Pageviews last month

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can't show you!

I would like to show you what I am working on but it is part of the SAQA (Studio Art Quilt Association) Whisper Quilt Challenge.  A whisper quilt challenge is where the first of several people in a group, creates a art quilt from a picture.  When she is finished only the quilt is forwarded.  The next person then creates their own art quilt from the previous quilt.  The process of being inspired by the previous persons art and only passing on your quilt continues down through the group.  It is lots of fun.  One of the previous challenges started with a picture of an overpass in Hawaii and ended with a Cherry Pie!  But most important you are not to show anyone your quilt until the reveal.  So that is why there are no new pictures.  I could show you a picture of my "studio" (spare room) but it is just too ugly.  The Needle Arts Retreat is next week and my projects are all over.  So I will just share another picture of my show at The Paint Chip in Davis. 


Pam, Nancy of the Needlers Group (I once was a member)
                                           Karen, Kathy, & Dyan of LH Sports Car Club
I haven't gotten a picture of my cousin Jill and her hubby Jim but will show that later.  Thank you to all that came and thank you to those that wanted to see it but were not able. 

No comments:

Post a Comment