Pageviews last month

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Good News




Shadow on the Sea
SOLD
The good, no great news, is that I sold my "Shadow on the Sea" at the Pence Gallery in Davis!  What fun and how great to think it is hung and appreciated in someone's home.  
As mentioned before, I have in the past forgotten how my art can become someone's enjoyment.  Now when working, I'm thinking of how art is really for someone out in the world.  The artist enjoys the creation for a period of time, but the owner will enjoy it for years and it will become a familiar thing in their environment.  This  perspective is very satisfying to me.
Thanks again to all my friends that journeyed down to Davis to view the show.  The reception was made special by having friends celebrate with me.  I won't think back fondly on the Pence gallery, without remembering my friends.
Thank you to Natalie Nelson, Director/Curator, for all her assistance in the selection process and hanging of the show.  I enjoyed working with her and her associates.

No comments:

Post a Comment