Pageviews last month

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Elsa and Photography

Elsa










Elsa is finally done and she looks great.... except in my pictures.  Yes it is important to learn to take great photos of your work!

Elsa is a challenge project created by Rachel Clark.  Her newest challenge is "Classic for a Reason" and the goal was to do a piece (wearable art but I got to do flat) that was inspired by a famous couture designer.  I chose Elsa Schiaparelli.  Her time was between the wars and for some time after.  One of her most famous client was the Duchess of Winsor.  I was inspired by two pieces; one was The Cocteau Jacket, second was a pieced long coat.  She liked the unusual and contrasting fabric textures.  Beading was also an important part of her look.  Look her up and you will be amazed. 
The construction was difficult because I used a double layer of netting and a double layer of colored chiffon for her face.  Fabrics are all silk and her hair is a variety of fabric, some from my trip to Houston.

Again, I promise to improve my photos...a new years resolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment