Pageviews last month

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Is this a Series??

For quite some time I have been encouraged by friends to do a series rather than just jumping around from technique to technique.  Problem is that I love exploring and playing with new ideas.  So I think this new thing could be just right for me.  It will be called the "Gem Series" and will consist of small decorated pieces joined together in interesting ways.  The fabrics will be mostly the Quilter's Lamie and Shock Cotton with metallic fabric thrown in for fun.  I am very excited!!!  Below is the start of my second Gem. 

This will be my entry in the MAQ Quarterly Challenge - "Off the Wall".  Originally I had this cool title - Text-tile.  See the tiles... and then I would have added text which would have made it appropriate for the challenge on adding texts, but I found I did not like text on my work.  Might be that I have not explored that technique enough but it just didn't seem to fit.


Just a note:  Please feel free to comment in the space below.  You don't have to sign in or up... just jot down your impressions of these blogs.  Thanks  Pam

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam,

    Love the "text-tiles." I am the ArtAbout Coordinator for Downtown Davis, and wanted to talk to you about possibly showing your work in August. Can you shoot me an e-mail, so that I have your contact info? artabout@davisdowntown.com

    Thanks!
    Melanie Glover

    ReplyDelete